Re: Opening a page & submitting a form at same time, Lo-tech style

by Complex <complex_hwg(at)yahoo.com>

 Date:  Tue, 4 Dec 2001 10:40:16 -0800 (PST)
 To:  HWG Techniques <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I've taken the following sentence out of context, but for good reason.
KF&O referred to something new to me, and I wanted to learn about it.

--- Kukla Fran and Ollie <weblists2001(at)yahoo.com> wrote:
<snip>

>The actual form action is just to send you to the destination page,
>and nothing else.

<snip>

Oh?  I've always used the form's action attribute to point to the
form-processing CGI:

< form action="myCGI.cgi" method="post">
blah blah blah
< /form>

...and in its simplest form, I'd let the CGI send the user to the
destination page:

(PERL)print "Location:http://www.MySite.com/myPage.html\n\n";

(Yeah yeah yeah, forget my original question, it's irrelevent.) I never
heard of putting a normal page address there until I got the responses
to my original question.

So, finally, my question: how do you do your forms, KF&O? If you use
the action to send the user to the destination, how does the form know
where the CGI is?  And can you give me an example URL, please?

thanks,
Michael