RE: compact forms

by Complex <complex_hwg(at)yahoo.com>

 Date:  Mon, 12 Aug 2002 12:43:17 -0700 (PDT)
 To:  HWG Techniques <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
--- Michael Gerholdt <gerholdt(at)fredonia.edu> wrote:
> any way to make a form with a number of hidden elements not provide
> rows and
> space for the hidden elements?
> > The elements are not visible but there is extra padding when they
are
> utilized. I'd like the appearance to be much more compact.
> > thanks,
> Mike
> Yeah, sure. Take a look at the source for this (corporate) page,
http://www.scanalytics.com/product/download/downloadEntry.html.
I'm fairly certain the hidden elements aren't adding any extra padding
(tell me if I'm wrong).

Can you please post a link or your HTML to show us the padding being
added by your hidden elements?

When I started out, I used Adobe GoLive's WYSIWYG tools to add form
elements. GoLive would put the elements in paragraphs and table cells,
so that hidden elements would take up space. Perhaps this is the source
of your problem?

hth,
complex

=====
Note:  Any HTML I've typed probably contains
spaces or periods to break it in HTML-capable mail readers.
(e.g.   <.H1>Like This< /H1>  )