Re: Basic HTML Editors...was>>...Re: 1st Page 2000 , nice html-editor

by gdeboer(at)mediaport.org

 Date:  Thu, 06 Jan 2000 10:42:16 +0100
 To:  Rasika Wijayaratne <wrasika(at)yahoo.com>,
hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 23:40 5-1-00 -0800, Rasika Wijayaratne wrote:
>Talking of Editors...
>
>Im currently using Hotodog 4.5.  Its a great tool.
>But... I like to keep Corel Draw 8 ,Corel Photopaint
>8, IE4, and the HTML editor open at the same time when
>Im working on a site.  I can't do this with Hotdog as
>it requires a considerable amount of resources to run.
>

>So what I am looking for now is a very *basic* editor
>which does "tag highlighting" and "text search &
>replace".  These are the only two features which I
>need.  Also it would have to be pretty efficient with
>using up system resources (ie it should have small
>footprint).
>
>Hopefully its free too :)
>
><greed>Am I asking for too much?</greed>

Hello Rasika,

1 st Page 2000 does do all of that.
Another basic editor is Textpad.  The latest version (4) highlights html
code and can find and replace text. Textpad is shareware which can be
registered/bought for $27.00. But you are free to evaluate as long as you
want.

http://www.textpad.com/

regards,

Gerard