RE: Password Protection

by "David Clapper" <dclapper(at)clioassociates.com>

 Date:  Wed, 31 May 2000 10:47:15 -0700
 To:  Molly_Brewer(at)brown.edu hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original

Hi Molly,

The first step I would take is to understand the data which indicate
that folks have cracked GateKeeper, and, based on that, what
needs to be done to make the protected portion of the site "harder
to break into".  If you don't do that, you may end up purchasing
a product which has the same problem. (Or perhaps the solution
is something as simple as a reconfiguration of GateKeeper or
your webserver - if your boss will hear of it.  If not, happy
hunting!)

HTH ... .