RE: Netscape 6 and DHTML

by timbooker(at)btinternet.com

 Date:  Wed, 15 Nov 2000 11:13:53 GMT
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
I've been trying to tell my colleagues about Netscape 6 for months.

I downloaded each PR as soon as they came out.  These have been
stable enough to start working towards compatibility since PR2.

So, for months I have been writing NN6 compatible DHTML, etc.
I'm amazed when people complain that "NN6 is out and my site
doesn't work".  We've all had more than enough time to think
about compatibility.

Tim

NN4.7.  The
> general consensus there is you now have to build sites for 3
browsers -
> NN4.7, NN6 and IE4+ instead of just 2.
>
> Haven't tried it myself, but I reckon it would pay to check any
> sites that
> use DHTML or Javascript, and rewrite them if necessary.
>
> I won't be downloading it until at least a month has passed and
> we're into
> version 4 of the browser.
>
> Cheers,
> Mike Kear
> Windsor, NSW, Australia
> AFP Web Development
> http://www.afp.zip.com.au

> Share information about yourself, create your own public
profile at