Re: OT love bug

by Kym Jones <kjones(at)adam.com.au>

 Date:  Sat, 06 May 2000 13:43:16 +0930
 To:  John Allred <webmaster(at)mscounties.com>,
Hwg-Techniques(at)Mail.Hwg.Org
  todo: View Thread, Original

Thank you John, I'm sorry for your troubles...I rest my case and I'll now
shaddup about it :)

oh...and yes they could...

Kym

At 08:08 PM 05/05/2000 -0500, John Allred wrote:
>Kym Jones wrote:
>>
>> Somebody posted to this list earlier today laughing at someone that had
>> been infected and smugly claimed  that they couldn't be affected. Well gee,
>> perhaps not, but they can sure spread it and frankly, ...
>
>Folks, I got infected without ever opening an E-mail. I opened an
>intranet page I myself had created, the file hit my cache, and I spent
>the rest of the day fixing my system. The culprit on our LAN opened the
>E-mail, then opened our intranet pages. It can be that simple. (Of
>course, *grin*, our intranet is hosted on an NT server.)
>
>But couldn't a Mac user, which I'm not, have transferred this file the
>same way? I think I like Harrold's sig file ... "Safe Computing," best
>of all.
>
>--John

Never slap a man that is chewin' t'baccy....

FoJo Media -  for Creative Web Design and Marketing Services
http://www.fojomedia.com

Visit our garden to enhance your website with FREE graphics...
http://www.angelfire.com/biz3/makinwaves/garden.html

In conjunction with Makin' Waves Studio
http://www.angelfire.com/biz3/makinwaves/index.html

A tribute to my Mother who recently passed away
http://www.geocities.com/BourbonStreet/Bayou/4441/tribute.html