Re: ISP - communitech.net

by Randy <htmlWG(at)tcgdata.com>

 Date:  Wed, 05 Jan 2000 13:51:14 -0600
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Awais,

At 01:40 PM 1/5/00 -0500, you wrote:
>I would NOT recommend Communitech.net
>I have had experience with them and it didn't go too well.  Their support
>is very slow and we

Thanks.  You are the second one who had told me this today.

>also experienced problems with billing...they billed us too many times for
>no reason and once we cancelled the account, they had problems crediting
>the credit card.  I would look into some other host.

This certainly does not sound good and I am looking into several hosts for
this client.  This particular one, I was not familiar with.  I wanted to
find out as much as I could prior to compiling any recommendations.

Thanks again for your response.  I won't be recommending them to my
client.  I had found out meanwhile that they cannot compete as they will
not allow a customer to exceed their 350mb disk storage limit.  Most ISPs
will charge for additional storage per mb block... not these folks... so I
kinda just scratched my head and hung up the phone with a somewhat
perplexed look on my face.