Re: Removing tool bars

by 2Nerotik <2nerotik(at)nisa.net>

 Date:  Mon, 17 Jan 2000 10:59:47 -0800
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 11:47 AM 17/01/2000 -0500, Jeff Bonner wrote:
>Digitals0lutions(at)aol.com wrote:
>
> > I was wondering how to remove the buttons and everything at the top of IE.
>
>There are at least two ways.  Obviously, you, the browser user, can just check
>off "View, Toolbars..." and uncheck everything.  But I assume you're talking
>about forcing visitors to have no toolbars.  Be careful doing this.  ;)

By saying "Be careful..." he means that some of us REALLY hate that. If it's
just a popup window that contains more info, that's ok, but if you want the
browser full screen without tool bars. You may find a lot of visitors
hitting Alt+F4
and not ever returning to your site. And those that don't know how or what
Alt+F4
does will most likely hit Alt+Ctrl+Del --> End Task or even Shut Down...
and they
will definitely never ever return to your site.

This is much worse than disabling our right mouse button.

.oOo.