Re: NS 4 series

by 2Nerotik <2nerotik(at)nisa.net>

 Date:  Mon, 31 Jan 2000 12:45:25 -0800
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
I must say I am most impressed with IE 5.5 (beta) and can't wait till the
full version is
out but here is something that came up a while ago about NN (Mozilla)

<SNIP>
This looks pretty interesting. It claims (among other things) almost
100% compliance to HTML 4 and CSS 1, while also supporting XML and CSS2.

I'm downloading it now, but you should know that it still is
pre-Beta software. You'll find it at http://www.mozilla.org. The
official beta version of Mozilla (aka Navigator 5) is M13.

(M9/Linux which I test some pages on, renders my home page as intended,
neither Explorer 5 or Navigator 4.x does. It's at
http://www.skjoldebrand.org).
</SNIP>

At 05:25 PM 30/01/2000 +0100, altlearn(at)xs4all.nl wrote:
>I must say that, though I have favored Netscape over IE, I think from the
>4 versions on
>the performance of Netscape has been less tham satisfactory.
>
>I understand that their own people acknowledge this and are supposed to be
>working on
>something very different and better. Can anyone out there share
>information on this or suggest a good browser other than IE or NS?

.oOo.