Re: screen resolution

by "Leland V. Lammert" <lvl(at)omnitec.net>

 Date:  Tue, 22 Feb 2000 22:15:48 -0800
 To:  denise(at)amun-ra.demon.co.uk,
hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 07:51 AM 2/22/00 , denise wrote:
>Hello all
>
>Is there a particular screen resolution which I should be working
>on when designing a website?   I have based all mine previously on
>800x600 to look perfect, but acceptable on 640x480.  I've been told
>that a lot of people now use 1024x768.
>
>What size do you recommend?
>
>Denise

Denise,

You are far better off making your designs variable sized, .. which is what we try to do for every web site. It is extremely frustrating to surf a web site that is totally unreadable (someone just HAD to pick that 8 pt type font, .. which is totally unreadable at 1024 or 1280), .. or just occupies the left-hand side of the screen.

Use at least one variable size column, .. use relative font sized (based on the tag, not absolute sized), ..

       Lee