Re: TAG case; XHTML; Flame Wars.

by Christopher Higgs <c.higgs(at)landfood.unimelb.edu.au>

 Date:  Thu, 29 Jun 2000 10:33:36 +1000
 To:  Peter-Paul Koch <gassinaumasis(at)hotmail.com>
 Cc:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 07:36 28/06/00 +0000, you wrote:
>And this is where I don't agree. As I said before, commercially speaking
>they will have to continue to support HTML as we now know it.

Question 1: Of what value will "onMouseOver" events be to a mobile phone
user?  Why include specifications that are irrelevant to the device?

Question 2: If I "surfed" to a site using a mobile phone, and found a
telephone number, wouldn't it make sense to "link" that phone number so I
could autodial it?  Does HTML have an autodial function?  I'm sure XHTML
will cope.

The purpose of XHTML is that it begins the modularisation of HTML.  This
can later be linked with Profiles to simplify the server-side
transformations you keep talking about.

Chris