Re: designing for print question

by Roxy <4Roxy(at)autumnweb.com>

 Date:  Wed, 30 Aug 2000 13:59:50 -0400
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Yes, it is because the table is wider than the printed page.

To make sure things will print in portrait mode, you need to keep your
table set to the number that will "fit" in a printed page. That number WILL
vary, depending on the printer of the person doing the printing. Some
printers will print no wider than 600 pixels.

Of course, if this is something that is expected to be printed, can make a
2nd "printer friendly page" with *just* the text on it (not in a
fixed-width table), linked from the orig. page.

HTH, Roxy
Autumn Web ~ http://autumnweb.com ~
Not just putting your business on the Web,
Promoting your business on the Web!

At 10:25 AM 8/30/00 , Pierre-Louis, Marian wrote:
>I have noticed a number of websites (including my own) where the text gets
>chopped off when I print the page.
...snip...