Re: The case of the disappearing table

by Tamara Abbey <tamara(at)abbeyink.com>

 Date:  Fri, 15 Dec 2000 16:56:15 -0600
 To:  Noteworthy Web Designs <webmaster(at)noteworthydesigns.com>,
HWG Techniques <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Generally speaking, disappearing tables in Netscape are caused by unclosed
tables. Somewhere you have a missing /td or /tr or /table.

I tried to run the page through the w3c validator at
http://validator.w3.org/ since it will quickly solve these mysteries for
me. However, you don't have a doc type at the top of the page, so that
didn't work either.

Try going back and setting borders to each of your tables until you find
the one that breaks.

Or, put each table on a separate html page and view it in Netscape until
you find the broken one.

I'm using NN 4.5 and I can see the form input areas, but little else on
that rug. I also see where you set your link colors -- I can't see the red
link font on the rug. Cool idea, looks like some tough execution though.

Good luck, HTH a little anyway!

Tamara