Re: Borders

by Tamara Abbey <tamara(at)abbeyink.com>

 Date:  Wed, 14 Feb 2001 17:51:10 -0600
 To:  "Insurance Squared" <gcooke(at)insurancesquared.com>,
<hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 04:58 PM 2/14/01 -0500, Insurance Squared wrote:
1) I'm trying to put a 1 pixel wide white border on the left and bottom of
some table cells.
[[..]
>Works great in MS, terrible in NS.  Is there any way to make this work
>cross-browser?

hehehehe, I just recently figured this one out!!

Netscape will accept a background color, so where you want the *border,*
create a tiny cell, stretch it along the rows, give it its own class where
the color is white.

Then, use a 1x1 transparent gif to actually put in the cell. From what I
can tell, this is the most efficient way to do it. Some folks get around it
with nested tables in NN, but that could get a little messy and slow in NN.

HTH,
Tamara