RE: Homesite

by Tamara Abbey <tamara(at)abbeyink.com>

 Date:  Sun, 04 Mar 2001 18:22:43 -0600
 To:  "HWG Techniques" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 11:06 AM 3/4/01 -0800, Chuck Evans wrote:
>You can save as HTML out of Word (which creates ugly HTML, for sure), then
>open the html doc in Homesite and run CodeSweeper on it with the HTMLTidy
>settings. That will strip out all the unwanted junk. I even set it to get
>rid of all the font tags.

Another note, since I use HomeSite and Tidy, but I'm still kinda new at HS
-- I found it easier to open the Word doc, save as text and then import to
HS. When I tried the save as html, and then opened HS/Tidy, there were a
few things that Tidy didn't quite know what to do with. So, in my lone
experience, saving as text and importing to HS worked better.

FWIW anyway
<Tamara />