Re: how to deal with inconsistencies of css in netscape

by Nate Harel <nharel(at)nettech-services.net>

 Date:  Fri, 21 Jun 2002 12:43:20 -0400
 To:  cbirds <cbirds(at)earthlink.net>
 Cc:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Thank you for being a bit more understanding. I appreciate it. Throughout
the responses, no one has really helped me understand what the problem is,
other than telling me that I messed up.

The trouble is I am trying to use CSS with my designs for exactly the
reason of compatibility. That is where I am running into blocks. I actually
created 3 css files - one for ie, nn4 and nn6. The trouble is that I can't
figure out how to make the nn4 and nn6 render accurately what I want to show.

Any help would be much appreciated. The site is
http://www.nettech-services.net/pages/design.html

Nate

At 6/20/2002 09:08 PM, you wrote:
>Nate Harel hunted and pecked out this message on 6/20/2002 8:37 PM
>
> >I joined this forum to learn and get help from folks who are much more
> >experienced than I am. In that I assumed that "stupid" questions were
> >permitted and sometimes letting off some frustration is OK.
>
>Sure but you have to be willing to expect some constructive criticism.
>
> >I admit that I was frustrated (where did I "rant"?)
>
>Rant was not intended to mean anything but a short word for your
>"frustration" at "not getting paid enough". We all join lists to rant
>don't we? :-)
>
> > with my problem after
> >working on this for some time, however, to be berated for my question
> >rather than helped leaves me wanting and you looking a bit immature...
>
>No berating from me. Just the information that I feel I must  build pages
>from the ground up for better results. I'm here to help with anything you
>want. I didn't look at your code but will if you asked.

                 ----------------------------------
                             Nate Harel
                         NetTech Services
                           56 Pickering Street