Re: Netscape 6 -- slightly off topic

by Jack Beslanwitch <jack(at)webwitch.com>

 Date:  Mon, 10 Apr 2000 03:10:09 -0700
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
ftp://ftp.netscape.com/pub/netscape6/english/6_PR1/NetscapeSetup.exe

Also, contrary to most who have been voicing problems, I have had no
problems whatsoever with Netscape 6. It is stable, no crashes. About the
only annoyance is that it does not seem to support dynamic animation. Then,
again, this is barely a beta and certainly miles ahead of the mozilla
builds. Still doubtful that this will be enough to stem that erosion of its
market share. At 20 to 22%, Netscape is very very far behind. It would need
something truly revolutionary to draw people back. Well, I suppose AOL
could switch to its own browser.

At 12:24 AM 4/10/2000 -0700, you wrote:
>Call me stupid, however I have been to the Netscape download sit and I can't
>seem to find netscape 6 the latest version there is 4.72. So the question
>is, where did you all get a hold of it?
>Frank Masotti

Jack Beslanwitch
Northwest Science Fiction Resources http://www.sfnorthwest.org
Westercon 56 Bid Chair http://www.webwitch.com/westercon56/
Norwescon 23 Web Master http://www.norwescon.org
voice: (206) 723-9906 FAX: (206) 374-2188 email: jack(at)webwitch.com