Re: Attributes created by Dreamweaver

by =?iso-8859-1?Q?St=E9phane?= Bergeron <stephberg(at)videotron.ca>

 Date:  Fri, 12 May 2000 16:07:20 -0400
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 01:08 PM 12/05/00 -0400, you wrote:
>In a message dated 5/11/00 11:03:56 PM GMT Daylight Time,
>stephberg(at)videotron.ca writes:
>
> > Mac IE 5 will render a page differently depending
> >  on the type of DTD declared or the absence of it.  Newer browsers will
> >  certainly follow that trend too so DTD's are not there "only to please
> >  those pesky validators" anymore as I've heard many say on this list and
> >  others in the past.
>
>What difference will it make?  Can you post some screenshots?

I'm not on a Mac so I can't post screen shots for you but you can read all=
=20
the details about this issue in the following story from A List Apart:=20
http://www.alistapart.com/stories/ie5mac/ie5mac1.html  The bit about=20
Doctypes and how Mac IE 5 handles them is on the second page of that 3=20
pages article.

HTH!

St=E9phane Bergeron