Re: Stumped over IE 5.5

by Stephen Johnston <pepe(at)gainsay.com>

 Date:  Wed, 26 Jul 2000 16:29:16 -0400
 To:  "Rob Prentice" <RJP(at)clickdms.com>,
"'Mike Taylor'" <lonewolf(at)one.net>,
<hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
         Per the original issue of frame pages in another domain... that
was a security feature available but defaulted to off (actually 'enabled')
in IE 4.0 (maybe other versions also) If you go in on IE 4.0 and customize
the security settings you can turn this behavior on (disable) and off
(enabled).
         I am going out on a limb here in thinking that maybe microsoft is
taking some of the current advice from the security community, which lately
has been a trend towards defaulting security options to ON, and letting the
user actively turn them off, when they find the need. I understand its
application in professional software (firewalls and such) but if they are
doing this in a browser, I wonder about the good sense in it. Maybe I
should download the new version...
         Anyway, that is almost pure conjecture, so try customizing your
security settings and looking for an option called 'Navigate sub-frames
across domains'. Plus there is some other interesting stuff in there, if
you are the paranoid type :)

-Stephen Johnston