Re: annoying websites and just plain old... stuff

by Chris Hawkins <netmaker2(at)yahoo.com>

 Date:  Sun, 08 Jul 2001 12:46:26 -0700
 To:  "Elizabeth J. Allen" <beth(at)vcubed.com>
 Cc:  Matt Stone <matt(at)planetveggie.com>, <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
A woman after my own heart.  Clicks and mortar is not so different from
bricks and mortar  --   KNOW thy users/customers, for they are not you.

At 02:21 PM 7/8/01 -0400, Elizabeth J. Allen wrote:
>Oh please. I and my users do count, just not on your site. And you don't
>count on mine.
>
>That's the point--generalities and assumptions do not suffice when designing
>a Web site. Know *YOUR* users.
>
>repeatedly,
>
>Elizabeth J. Allen
>--
>Web Systems Architect     beth(at)vcubed.com
>V3 Semiconductor Inc.     www.vcubed.com
>

>At 7/8/01 3:10 AM, Matt Stone writes:
>
> > No, you don't count because you are less the 1% of the user base.
> > I for one am NOT going to sacrifice a nice looking site that teeny
> > percentage of the market can view my site.

Chris Hawkins
Web Architect / UI and Design
650-620-9524 h
The idea is not to make art, but to be in that wonderful state which makes art
  inevitable.   	-- Robert Henri