Re: Forum Software

by =?iso-8859-1?Q?St=E9phane?= Bergeron <stephberg(at)videotron.ca>

 Date:  Thu, 15 Jun 2000 06:12:48 -0400
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
 Cc:  arcady(at)jps.net
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 04:36 PM 14/06/00 +0000, you wrote:
>Hello;
>
>I'm looking to set up a discussion forum on a hobby site.
>I'd need something that could handle multiple threads, linking between=20
>threads,
>& let people link in images but not host them.

Give a try to Discus (http://www.discusware.com/discus/), it's the best=20
forum software I could find and believe me I've looked at dozens.  They=20
have a free version with less feature and a Pro version with all the=20
features for $99... much cheaper than most of the competition and it has=20
features other boards can only dream of.  The newest version (3.10) is=20
fully customizable through "skins" or through various templates that affect=
=20
more specific set of pages.  It would be much to long to try to list all of=
=20
its features here.  Install the free version to try it.  You won't regret=
 it.

HTH!

St=E9phane Bergeron