Re: H3 style without extra hard return

by Greg Hart <ghhart(at)earthlink.net>

 Date:  Wed, 16 Oct 2002 19:57:13 -0400
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 03:56 PM 10/16/2002 -0700, you wrote:

>Anyone know how to tweak the code so that I can use an H3 heading style
>but *not* have it throw an extra hard return in after it (i.e., I'd like
>to use the H3 style tag around a heading, but not have any space between
>that heading and the body text below it).

Just change the H3 tag from block display (which throws those returns in)
to an inline display. You can either do this for all H3 tags:

H3 {display: inline;}

Or if you only need a single H3 tag displayed this way, make a class:

.noreturn {display: inline;}

and call it as <.h3 class="noreturn">

- Greg