Re: San Lab

by Kym Jones <kjones(at)adam.com.au>

 Date:  Wed, 07 Nov 2001 20:00:45 +1030
 To:  David.Artiss(at)boots.co.uk,
Shelley Watson <shelley(at)internavigate.com>
 Cc:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original

Well I thought maybe it was just me, but it was darker than the insides
of..no, no, nevermind...it was DARK :) ....IE 5.5 here and there seems to
be some growing trend for black/dark colors and they make me backtrack
*real* fast if they're encroaching on the information that I want to
actually read.

If you're going to have a dark/black background, please, please choose a
font that has some body to it and *don't* make it white.  Reams of white
text of a black background are very much of a strain on the eyeballs.

The table didn't seem to me to be off center, but I have to admit that I
didn't stick around long either.

Kym

At 07:51 AM 7/11/2001 +0000, David.Artiss(at)boots.co.uk wrote:

>Erm, well, it looked okay to me. I don't know why Bob thought it so dark,
>unless
>it's a Netscape thing. Greys, including some darker shades, have been used
>but I
>wouldn't consider it THAT dark.
>
>And the table doesn't appear off-centre to me either.
>
>I thought the page looked really nice.
>
>I'm running IE4 on NT at 1024x768 with true color.
>
>David.
>

>bobmin(at)nidlink.com on 07/11/2001 06:58:19
>
>To:   hwg-critique(at)hwg.org
>cc:    (bcc: David Artiss/IS/GB/BTC/TBC)
>Subject:  Re: San Lab
>

>In a word, DARK. Viewed with netscape 6.2 on a 1600x1200
>display, it was dark and dingy. It made for difficult reading. And my
>instant reaction was to hit the back button. The box around the
>center table element (or whatever it is) gives an effect of being off
>center. This may be what your client is asking for, but if I have
>trouble reading the page, I'm not likely to do business with them.
>
>      - Bob
>
>On 6 Nov 2001, at 21:23, Shelley Watson wrote:
>
> > Folks
> >
> >    I need a couple of quick comments re this main page
> > http://www.internavigate.com/sanlab/index.html  It is something that I've
> > been working on to replace
> http://www.sanlabsystems.com/index.html.  Some of
> > the images still need cleaning up and the links are not
> active.  Looking for
> > impressions of message/layout/etc.
> >
> > thanks kindly
> >
> > Shelley
> >

>Bob Minnick, President, Northern Webs 208.265.0474
>|
>Mainpage:      http://www.northernwebs.com
>Meta Medic:    http://www.northernwebs.com/set/setsimjr.html
>SpiderView LC: http://www.northernwebs.com/set/spider_view.html
>SpiderView DA: http://www.northernwebs.com/set/spider_view_da.html