Re: Favorites

by Kimiko Drew <macruimmon(at)earthlink.net>

 Date:  Mon, 18 Jun 2001 09:21:35 -0700
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 11:11 AM 6/18/01 +0000, David.Artiss(at)boots.co.uk wrote:
>A couple of weeks ago I remember someone writing (or was I dreaming again)
>that
>it was possible to add a page to your "favorites" without a prompt, via a
>bit of
>ActiveX.
>
>Is it therefore possible to send an HTML mail with this script in it so that
>once opened it will stealthily add a site onto your favorites list ?
>
>David.

My opinion here, but I sure hope not. I have enough Favorites I need to
weed through and organize,  with many added by the browser and my company,
that I don't want to get an html email, possibly asked or, and probably
unsolicited, and find it has placed a link into my Favorites without my
permission.

That's my opinion.

Kimiko Drew
macruimmon(at)earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~macruimmon/
a web designer in The Camarilla
White Wolf's Official Fan Club

Nothing happens unless first a dream. - Carl Sandburg