Re: Style Sheets (was RE: Table Width/Heights)

by Andrew McFarland <aamcf(at)aamcf.co.uk>

 Date:  Wed, 20 Feb 2002 17:26:43 +0000
 To:  "HWG Techniques" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 10:58 20/02/02 +0000, Andrew Armstrong wrote:
<snip/>
>The question is: do such types of screenreader read the text in the order it
>is in the source, or do they still try to read across the screen when
>positioning is done only with CSS?
<snip/>

Depends on the screenreader or aural browser. There are broken aural
browsers as well, unfortunately. A good aural browser will read the text as
it appears in the source. A screenreader works in conjunction with some
other software, but I imagine you get different behavior depending on the
programme and user settings.

Andrew