RE: Image Theft Software

by Virginia Blalock <virginia(at)visionsnet.com>

 Date:  Thu, 21 Feb 2002 07:40:48 -0600
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 09:43 AM 2/20/02 -0500, Ezra S F wrote:

>Virginia,
>
>First, is the mod_rewrite module part of your Apache installation?

I am but a lowly web host customer and don't know about the server end, but
I assume it is part of the Apache installation because I do use the
following and it works:

RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !^$
RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !^http://visionsnet.com/.*$     [NC]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !^http://www.visionsnet.com/.*$ [NC]
RewriteRule .*\.gif$        -                            [F]

>Second, did you insert it into the httpd.conf or a .htaccess file?

.htaccess

>If it is in the .htaccess file, then what is your AllowOverride setting
>for where you are using the .htaccess file?

Over my head here :) I don't do anything with the server itself.

http://www.visionsnet.com            http://www.esportfans.com
virginia(at)visionsnet.com                virginia(at)esportfans.com