Re: XML syndication

by Andrew McFarland <aamcf(at)aamcf.co.uk>

 Date:  Wed, 17 Apr 2002 20:24:00 +0100
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 11:42 17/04/02 -0400, Mike Taylor wrote:
<snip/>
>what am I expected to do with it?  Develop my own parser and somehow spool
>through the XML, converting it using XSL?!?

Not really. You would use an existing parser and convert it to whatever
format you want using XSLT.

Its worth emphasizing the `whatever format' bit. You could convert it to
XHTML (any version), RTF, .DOC, PDF, PostScript, or you could feed it into
the database of your choice. You can do more or less anything to it.

For most simple XML documents it should be quite easy to do. Try doing all
of the above using HTML 3.2 ...

Andrew

--
http://aamcf.co.uk/