To Shosh or not? (was Re: Shoshkeles

by Tamara <tamara(at)abbeyink.com>

 Date:  Fri, 04 May 2001 12:33:03 -0500
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 09:43 AM 5/4/2001 -0700, Kimiko Drew wrote:
>At 10:15 AM 5/4/01 -0600, Ryan Mann wrote:
>>What browser do these shoshkeles work on anyway, cuz apparently they
>>don't work on too many!
>>
>>Ryan
>

>I am using IE 5.5 (on PC), and they showed up without having to click on
>any buttons.
>
>Personally I find them... boring. Nice the first time, then what. I see a
>couple of birds on a line, and that does little for me.

The Ford ad on Yahoo can't be a shoshkele like what I saw in the ad
portfolio link from the other day.

The shoshkele link originally posted went to an agency that had their
hyper-ad jumping all over the content's main page (well, the Nike ad on the
football page was kind of neat with a shark zig-zagging across the page
before settling into the Nike logo on the right).

The Ford ad is animated but contained within a defined space. I'm pretty
sure it was not a shoshkele.

The shoshkeles that I viewed yesterday had their client's logo
super-imposed and obscuring the content underneath -- like a flash movie
suddenly plopped all over the place  so I couldn't go to any links until it
was done playing.

And, yes, if they were actually flapping all over a page obscuring my
navigation, I just wouldn't go there, that's easy.

And I love the LCD posted a bit ago -- true, so sadly, very true,
<t />