Re: SSI and Tables

by Blue Tapp <blue(at)bluesarthouse.com>

 Date:  Thu, 13 Sep 2001 23:50:44 -0500
 To:  HWG Techniques <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Yes this can be done (take a look at http://www.sportsteam.com/basketballjerseys.shtml, the table header, sidebar, table including purchase info, and the footer nav bar are all ssi).  Have you changed the extension of your main page to .shtml?  Is the server ssi enabled?
HTH!
Blue

At 09:50 AM 9/14/01 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi All,
>
>I am trying to use Server Side Include to call a table into an HTML
>page.
>
>The file I am calling is an HTML table populated with data. I
>stripped out the HTML, head, title, and body tags and changed the
>file to a .txt file. Whether the file name has a .htm or .txt
>extension doesn't seem to make any difference.
>
>I can't seem to get it to work. Can this even be done? Any suggestions would
>be appreciated?
>
>Thanks - Paul

Blue Tapp
Blue's ArtHouse Graphics & Web Design
705 North Florissant Road
Ferguson, MO 63135
(314) 839-0634
fax: (314) 839-1557
e-mail: blue(at)bluesarthouse.com
alt. e-mail: bluesarthouse(at)hotmail.com
url: www.bluesarthouse.com

"Time to get a web site!"