Re: ISP Privacy - does your isp do this???

by Kukla Fran and Ollie <weblists2001(at)yahoo.com>

 Date:  Tue, 25 Sep 2001 09:13:45 -0700
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
 Cc:  Bennett Haselton <bennett(at)peacefire.org>
*users* of their web site and not as an ISP.

Telstra as an ISP is known as BigPond.  You have to refer to your agreement
with BigPond to determine what privacy rights you may/may not
have.  Considering BigPond is wholly owned by Telstra, and Telstra is
technically a government agency, don't assume you have much privacy
anyway.  Read the fine print of your agreement.  If you have privacy now,
expect the fine print to change.