Re: Upgrade To Win2K - OT, But What The Hey . . .

by Kukla Fran and Ollie <weblists2001(at)yahoo.com>

 Date:  Thu, 27 Dec 2001 13:05:49 -0800
 To:  hwg-tech <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
 Cc:  pjkmecak(at)snet.net
  todo: View Thread, Original
If you have PartitionMagic or something similar, you should be able to
convert the NT's NTFS format back to a DOS 16-bit system.

And if you still have a copy of MS-DOS laying around, after using
PartitionMagic consider using it to FDisk the hard drive and creating a
MS-DOS boot disk to fire up the machine and any CD-ROMs on the
system.  Then install Win2000 to the clean hard drive, and during the
installation, also create the Win2K boot disks as well.

It's never a good idea to install a new Win O/S on top of an old one,
especially if you can do a clean install.  Despite M$ claims, you will
always run the risk that there will be residual problems you will never
quite detect and/or solve.