Re: IE6 and css

by Kukla Fran and Ollie <weblists2001(at)yahoo.com>

 Date:  Wed, 27 Mar 2002 09:46:27 -0800
 To:  "HWG-Techniques" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
 Cc:  "Ryan Fischer" <ryan(at)gigabee.com>, "Christie Cooksey" <christie(at)thearmidalemall.com>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Shouldn't you be creating and maintaining web sites for the "convenience"
of your site's customers and clients, and not you, the web designer?   If
you believe in the former, your code should encompass as many browser
versions as possible, meaning shorthand code (although legal) is not the
way to go.  OTOH, if your personal convenience in site building is more
important than the potential customers and clients you may drive away, by
all means use shorthand code.

Yes, I am being particularly harsh.

We may talk about the technicalities of web design on this list, but it
should be done with your customers and clients not far from our
minds.  Getting wrapped up in the technology for its own sake, for the
convenience for the designer, and/or for the ego wanking "wow" factor in
attempts to impress other techies seems to me to miss the Prime Directive.

"Saving" three keystrokes is a petty and trivial excuse when you step back
and look at the larger picture.

Kukla