Re: Automated search engine submission tool?

by Christopher Higgs <chiggs(at)unimelb.edu.au>

 Date:  Mon, 03 Jun 2002 12:40:35 +1000
 To:  Michelle Bullock <michelle(at)sandbox.co.nz>,
hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
G'Day Michelle,

At 08:48 AM 3/06/2002 +1200, Michelle Bullock wrote:
>Can anyone recommend an automated search engine submission tool? I manage
>many sites and the price has gone up for the online service I use, so
>thought I'd get my own tool and do it myself. I'd like to find a reliable,
>professional tool for windows, that won't break the bank, that can handle
>numerous URL/site profiles, that allows me to customize the submission per
>site (it would be great if there's one that allows me to add specific
>engines that may not be in the software already as I am from New Zealand,
>and most of the local engines aren't included on any tool or even on my
>current providers solution, so I manually submit to these).

The last time I investigated the topic, there appeared only two worthy of
consideration: "Webposition Gold" and "Submit Wolf"

Not sure on a URL for the second (I'm sure Google would have something),
but Webposition is at:

http://www.webposition.com/

Chris Higgs
Manager, New Learning Technology
ILFR, University of Melbourne
http://www.landfood.unimelb.edu.au/
Phone: +61 3 8344 9749  Fax: + 61 3 9348 2156