Re: Missing pictures

by Charles A Upsdell <cupsdell(at)upsdell.com>

 Date:  Thu, 12 Feb 2004 18:51:41 -0500
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
 Cc:  David Jones <dvjones(at)ksbe.edu>
  todo: View Thread, Original

> > You could abandon all the unnecessary Javascript overload
> > and not have popups and show the images on their own
> > pages.
>
>Yep, and then have to maintain a whole bunch of
>separate pages. Or simply link to the image and let the
>browser display it, sans any navigation or information
>other than the browser's back button. In both cases, I
>think that Javascript in this case provides a better user
>experience, not "unnecessary overheard."

A server-side solution would be good here.  E.g. you could make a script
(Perl, ASP, whatever) that is given an image filename, height, width, and
some text, and that generates the appropriate page.  One simple script; no
separate pages.

-
Chuck Upsdell, www.upsdell.com
Note: to ensure I receive your eMail, please avoid words commonly found in
spam; messages with such words may be blocked before they get to me.