Re: Liquid Site Problem

by Norman Bunn <norman.bunn(at)craftedsolutions.com>

 Date:  Fri, 15 Nov 2002 10:21:11 -0500
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Looks like it has to do with the rendering engine in IE.  Apparently IE
tries to start rendering the table without having the entire table.  As it
reads my table, it sees the 50% cell first (oh, better make this bigger!),
then the next graphic (hmm, gotta make this fit too!), then the final 50%
(oh well, we'll shove it over here somewhere even if it makes the scroll
bar show).  Then when the page is re-accessed, it learns from the previous
experience and renders it as desired.  Funny how reloading the page makes
no difference, but going to another page and returning does.

I have given up on trying to make this work and resorted to my old standby
of 100% in the final cell.  This works in IE6, NS7, NS4.8, and Opera just
fine.  Not quite what I wanted, but...

Norman
www.CraftedSolutions.com