Re: hwg-techniques-digest V1 #1590

by William E Seiter <William(at)Seiter.com>

 Date:  Tue, 10 Jun 2003 16:00:00 -0700
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org
 Cc:  hwg-techniques-digest(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
I don't post here very often, but I wanted to point out two things to you.

First, what you are looking for is a javascript validator.  You can find
many free version on the web.  Basically what happens is that when you
click submit, an intermediary page looks over the information.  If the
information doesn't fit, then it sends you back to the Form with a message
as to why it wasn't submitted and instructions on fixing it.  (in your
case, they would have to move.)

Business-wise.  I would talk to your client and say that you have a script
that would fix it, but ask this person if there is any other agents that
she knows, outside her area, where she could send referrals, and get them
back from them as well.  (a referral exchange).  This might boost her sales
and increase her revenues.

If she is a go at this, then you could write the script to determine if any
of her referral areas are in there and have it send an email to both the
referral and her saying that this person was redirected.  She can keep
track of the referrals she gives away, and maybe even get a penny or two
for her troubles (referral checks)

Anyways, your answer lies within javascript to validate the entries.

Good Luck.

William