Re: SimpleText (was: Re: another question on macs)

by Nathan Lyle <nathan(at)upwebmaestro.com>

 Date:  Thu, 27 Jun 2002 14:15:43 -0400
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
> As a related question, I notice problems when opening SimpleText files on a
> Windows machine.  I recently converted my Word resume to a txt file, using
> SimpleText.  When I viewed this file on a PC, there were no line breaks,
> instead the text just continued on the same line for about five miles!
> I've noticed this to be the case in previous encounters, but this was the
> one time when it was a real downer, as nobody wants to view a one-line
> five-mile resume!
> Anyone have any thoughts on how to get around this problem with SimpleText?

I've seen shareware programs that "wash" files when you want to
convert in either direction. Try a search at download.com or some
other software site for "file convert windows mac" or something like
that.

~ The U.P. Web Maestro (Nathan Lyle)

  E-Mail: nathan(at)upwebmaestro.com
  Online: www.upwebmaestro.com
   Phone: (906)485-4806

"Data expands to fill the space available for storage" - Parkinson's Law of Data.