Re: recommend a web hosting w/ domain name

by MVHOG(at)aol.com

 Date:  Tue, 28 Nov 2000 16:15:35 EST
 To:  jrankin(at)jeffr.net
 Cc:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
In a message dated 11/28/00 2:57:16 PM Central Standard Time,
jrankin(at)jeffr.net writes:

<< s it possible to contact your old host and have them do a server-side
 redirect to the new page? This would be the most bulletproof way to handle
 it. Javascript and HTML methods will be unreliable at best, since they're
 totally reliant on the client.

 - Jeff

 Jeff Rankin    jrankin(at)jeffr.net

 http://www.jeffr.net/

 Be Valid To Be Cool

 On Tue, 28 Nov 2000 MVHOG(at)aol.com wrote:

 > Can anyone give me a simple HTML text to send the visitor from the old
site
 > to the new site, within 5 seconds, if that is the common amount of time??
Or
 > java script?  I do all my work mainly with HTML.  I plan to leave the old
 > site index page up for some time for re-direction.  What is an acceptable
 > amount of time to leave the old direction page up?
 > Thanks in advance!
 > Lanice

The old site is with xoom.com, now nbci.com, and since they lost all my files
last week, I would be afraid to try that **smile**.

~~Lanice~~