Re: Website Hosts

by jdiaz(at)ivtech.com

 Date:  Tue, 27 Mar 2001 15:16:07 -0700 (MST)
 To:  "Jami" <jami(at)delwindzine.com>
 Cc:  "HWG Techniques" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

<snip>

> I signed up with Site Host, and found out this morning that they do not use
> SMTP servers for e-mail (which is leaving me to use my ISP e-mail address
> when I send mail for my domain name. I.E. joeschmo(at)isp.com instead of
> person(at)domainname.com.)
>
> If anyone could help out, I would be eternally grateful.

Just because you have to use your ISP's SMTP server doesn't mean you have to use your ISP's email address.  You should be able to set up your mailer to use your hosted website's POP email server for mail retrieval and your ISP's SMTP server for sending email.  Set this up with the email address for your hosted site and it should work fine.  I do this all the time with no problems.

Feel free to ask if you have specific questions about this.

 - Jeff