Re: CSS Background Image

by Kid Stevens <Kidstevens(at)comcast.net>

 Date:  Sun, 14 Jul 2002 15:31:21 -0600
 To:  Paul Kmecak <pjkmecak(at)snet.net>,
hwg-tech <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
body.electric {
background-image: url(grafs/black.gif);
background-repeat: repeat;
}

You can see that in action at
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/greyangel/electric.html

My style sheet resides in the same directory as the HTML code.  Why slow
down page loads by having to go out to a DNS server then back into the
directories again because the address is absolute.  If the picture is in a
different directory on the same server/account from the stylesheet then the
path is href="http://../images/blah blah"

As the words of Paul Kmecak fell from above I was tickled at 4:01 PM -0400
on 7/14/02:

--
Sincerely,
Kid Stevens

"Communication in one direction is just a lecture,  a telling of words,
a one way street, true communication is a two way street with
a speaker and a respondent at each end"
-Kid Stevens