Re: project documentation

by KeithWBell(at)aol.com

 Date:  Tue, 25 Jan 2000 07:09:07 EST
 To:  WebProgrmr(at)aol.com,
hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
In a message dated 25/01/00 03:50:26 GMT Standard Time, WebProgrmr(at)aol.com
writes:

> There's one thing that I can't stand to let go any longer though.  It's
>  project documentation.  There are RFP, project specs, Design Documents,
etc,

>  etc.  What are all the forms of documentation that are necessary
throughout
>  the life of a project?

That's got a lot to do with the size and nature of the project, and the
client's needs. If you're not careful, on a small project you could spend
more time writing documents than building the site - and I don't think I'd
want to do that! (Unless I were sure I'd be paid for ALL my time...) Anyway,
for some suggestions you might look at David Siegel's book "Secrets of
Successful Web Sites", which covers pretty much everything on web project
management, including typical documents. Available from Amazon at (watch out
for warpping of the URL):

www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1568303823/o/qid=948801738/sr=2-2/002-3003086-
4010622

There's also a support site for the book at:

www.secretsites.com

Regards
Keith Bell