Re: CSS Print Question

by Timothy Luoma <luomat(at)operamail.com>

 Date:  Fri, 24 Jan 2003 23:37:33 -0500
 To:  Nathan Lyle <nathan(at)upwebmaestro.com>,
hwg-techniques <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
On Fri, 24 Jan 2003 22:57:18 -0500, Nathan Lyle <nathan(at)upwebmaestro.com>
wrote:

> I know that most browsers have the option in their preferences to set
> whether or not background images and/or colors will print when a user
> prints a web page... is there a way to control this from the page-code
> itself?

Not unless you generate a JPG or PNG screen shot or PDF version

> (I have a client who wants the page to print "just like" it looks on
> the screen...)

No, this is not one of those things you can "force" the browser to do

TjL

--
Timothy J. Luoma ~ http://tntluoma.com
30 Days to Becoming an Opera Lover