Re: resolutions

by iwa-hwg <iwa-hwg(at)tiram.org>

 Date:  Mon, 05 Jul 2004 11:16:04 +0200
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
RROn Sat, 3 Jul 2004 23:05:51 -0500, Robert Donatelle
<bdonatelle(at)earthlink.net> wrote:

> IS IT TOO MUCH TO ASK THAT THE USER CAN OPEN AND CLOSE THE FAVORITES BAR
> OR IS THAT ASKING TOO MUCH?

It's too much to ask. See it from a visitors point of view: Can you
imagine having to change your browser configuration or toolbar setup for
every site you visit? Most ppl. aren't gonna bother. Keeping a tool one is
used to will, most of the time, be more important to a user than seeing a
site (that may or may not be useful) the way the designer intended it to
be seen. I know _I_ rarely (almost never) bother to do much to make a site
more usable. Maybe I'll zoom in or turn of the style sheet, but that's
about it.

And I agree on Mike Kear's comment on font size values. In e.g. Opera it
makes no difference (as I can zoom regardless) but for most users
absolutely sized fonts are a pain in the rear.

M :)
--
Marit Halse
mailto:iwa-hwg(at)tiram.org