Re: CSS question

by "Jens Brueckmann" <lists(at)j-a-b.net>

 Date:  Mon, 04 Oct 2004 20:58:27 +0200
 To:  susanfriesen(at)telus.net
  todo: View Thread, Original
On Mon, 4 Oct 2004 11:26:09 -0700, Susan Friesen <susanfriesen(at)telus.net>
wrote:

> I have a background image in my CSS body tag; however, I have a splash
> page
> that can't have this background image. How can I override the current CSS
> body tag with a unique one just for the splash page?
> My CSS is in an external file.

Hi Susan,

if you will not or can not use server-sided scripting the easiest way to
go would be using an inline-style-attribute for the <body> tag of your
splash page:

The inline-style-attribute has higher priority than the information in the
imported stylesheet [1,2].

Cheers,

jens

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/1998/REC-CSS2-19980512/cascade.html#x10