Re: hwg-techniques-digest V1 #1197

by "John Gersten" <JGERSTEN(at)lchb.com>

 Date:  Fri, 01 Jun 2001 08:13:58 -0700
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Sorry if this has already been added, but you can also do a search-and-repl=
ace across the site in Dreamweaver. So if you're lucky <g>, and the =
dimensions of the old graphic happen to be unique, you could make the =
change via search-replace, including not only the name of the new graphic =
but its dimensions as well.=20

At least I *think* that would work....

John

>>> Shawn Sass <shawn(at)sportsstuff.com> 05/31/01 12:59PM >>>
Yes,

Just replace the old graphic with the new one, but name the new one the =
same
thing and then every page will be updated because they will all refer to
that new image.  Just be sure to put the graphic in the same directory =
with
the exact same name as the old one.

If the bigger size of the graphic will affect the overall layout of the =
page
in an un-desirable manor  then you'd have to update each page individually.=

I think DW has a template/library feature that would update the change
site-wide, but all of the pages would have had to be made from that same
template that you update.

HTH
  Shawn Sass-Graphic Artist
           Sportsstuff Inc.