Re: CSS Font Sizes and Macs

by "Jeanne A. E. DeVoto" <jaed(at)jaedworks.com>

 Date:  Sun, 24 Sep 2000 15:30:14 -0700
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 4:23 AM -0700 9/24/00, Darrell King wrote:
>>How about 3) Using <big> and <small> in your HTML to influence font size,
>>while leaving the rest of your presentation in CSS?
>
>>It's not a CSS solution, true, but it does have the virtue of working.
>
>Thanks...:).  I could also just use font tags, but I guess I should have
>stipulated that using CSS is a requirement...:)

It's up to you whether you want to use all CSS for this, but given the way
browsers handle it, I really don't think there's a good solution for
specifying font sizes in CSS. Either you get wildly varying results up to
and including unreadability, which is bad, or you have to specify absolute
sizes, which is worse.

--
jeanne a. e. devoto ~ jaed(at)jaedworks.com
http://www.jaedworks.com