Re: style sheet font size

by Steve Bunn <steve(at)fauxpop.com>

 Date:  Wed, 28 Feb 2001 21:41:57 -0800
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi all,

    I agree that if you are trying to control sizes with css, its
still best to stick to pixels. Otherwise, define no size, and let the
user decide what works for their own needs. HTML <.big><./big> and
<.small></.small> are great for minor adjustments if you decide not
to define specific sizes. There are too many bugs across the
platforms and browsers with all other ways of defining sizes (ems, %,
points -- points are really for print, not for screen).

    About Netscape 4.x and the 10 pixels definition. This is a bug
with (at least some) versions of Netscape 4.x for Windows. It
displays 10px as 9px, which is unreadable on many machines.

Steve