RE: Fw: Front Pages

by "The Wise One!" <cardpro(at)zebra.net>

 Date:  Thu, 3 Sep 1998 15:28:57 -0500
 To:  "Virginia Blalock" <skatefan(at)visions.simplenet.com>,
<hwg-theory(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Perhaps everyone here on the theory list missed the heated debate and war on
techniques a little while back.

The ADA does not apply to the web. Period.

Does that mean that we should not make efforts to make our sites as
accessible to the widest audience possible? Of course not...

The fact remains that as far as ADA goes, you can add alt tags, avoid frames
and stay away from Java and Flash et al and adhere  as closely as possible
to the   recommendations of  W3C.org

Are exclusions actionable? At present, the answer is absolutely not.

Should we be concerned about accessibility?` Absolutely yes.

Will the solution be perfect? No Way!

Alan

--
"It's a poor sort of memory that only works backwards,' the Queen
remarked."