Re: Ten Second Delays

by "David Meadows" <david(at)goldenheroes.softnet.co.uk>

 Date:  Wed, 2 Sep 1998 20:21:00 +0100
 To:  "Demitrius" <iam(at)demitrius.com>,
"hwg-theory" <hwg-theory(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Demitrius <iam(at)demitrius.com> writes:
>To splash or not to splash; that is the question. I did one, tell
me what
>you think:
>http://www.ccidom.com/
>Of course, I'll take your opinion with a grain of salt - you're
not the
>target audience!

I think... ummm... I think we need to agree on our definition of a
splash page ;-)

I'm sure that when this thread started a splash page was one that
added "artistic" content to a site, not one that added "hard"
content.

The page you pointed me at had some pretty solid content.
Therefore I think we should call it an "introductory page", not a
"splash page". Now, if it contained just the company logo, or
maybe an Arial photograph of the company's factory (such as you
might find on the cover of a corporate brochure) I think it would
fit my definition of a splash page.

--
David Meadows [ Technical Writer | Information Developer ]
DNRC Minister for Littorasy * david(at)goldenheroes.softnet.co.uk