Re: Using pre-made graphics

by Aidan <aidan77(at)rocketmail.com>

 Date:  Thu, 4 Dec 1997 12:36:57 -0800 (PST)
 To:  Tarik Dozier <auspex(at)mindspring.com>
 Cc:  hwg-theory(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original

---Tarik Dozier  wrote:

> On Thu, 4 Dec 1997, Aidan wrote:
> > Hey, what do you all think about using graphics that
have
> > been created by someone else (found on another site),
and
> > editing them a bit and using them on a business
website?

> Hey, what do you think about a lawsuit or a prison
sentence? You should
> be aware that this is what you must risk when you use
someone else's
> copyrighted material without the permission of said
copyright's owner.
> How would you feel if someone went to one of your sites,
copied the
> content, modified it slightly, and called it their own?
Regardless of
> that, there are laws against such things, and many are
more than willing
> to use the law to the fullest extent in order to protect
their property.

heheh, ya well thats all good and fine, but no one is
going to be able to take me to court for taking a
navigational button or background and editing it a bit and
using it on my site.  Now tell me, How in the world are
they going to prove I didnt create it myself??  come on.
i didnt ask this question to get legal type answers.   L8r